Certificate Course on Cyber Law
The rapid development of Information and Communication Technology has changed the way we live in the 21st century. With such a tremendous development in Nepal, the influence of this has also raised numerous legal issues. The major issues being raised include the issues of social media, issues of e-commerce, the issues of Intellectual property in software and IT regime, and many more. It has been very prominent to provide the fundamental knowledge of cyber law, fin-tech, telecom laws to the early carrier legal professionals and prepare them. Along with that this course has been developed to leverage the progressive knowledge about emerging technologies like AI, blockchain, Internet of Things, Blockchain its usage, and the jurisdiction of this technology in the Nepalese context to the early carrier legal professionals. This course on cyber law is a week-long (Part-Time) course dedicated to the early carrier lawyers with the following issues.
- Introduction to Cyber Crime
- Privacy, Data protection, and Freedom of Expression
- Digital Forensic and Cyber Crime Investigation
- E-commerce Law and Practice
- Telecom Law and Practice
- FinTech Law and Practices
- Develop skills of substantive and procedural aspects of regulatory enforcement and other contested proceedings involving, information privacy and data protection, including cybersecurity, networks, and their management.
- Gain technical expertise in Digital Identity and eSignature, Digital Forensic and Evidence Analysis, Blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital cash, Fintech, Payment Gateway, AML, Terrorism Financing, and intermediary Liability.
- Develop an awareness of the management, economic, legal, social, professional, and ethical issues relating to cybersecurity and the use of the technologies in a secure way
- Acquire the practical skills and knowledge to recognize, troubleshoot, and resolve problems through fact-finding, evidence-based analysis, and counseling exercises, to become future leaders skilled in the identification and resolution of professional and ethical dilemmas in the Cyber industry
Delta Law Firm is a Kathmandu-based Full-Service quality law firm having a wide range of expertise and experience with global reach and standards. With the motto of “serving clients interest first”, Delta Law is one of the most trusted law firms in Nepal that provides quality service to client’s needs through innovation, excellence, practical, and accurate legal solutions [www.deltalawfirm.com].
Internet Governance Institute (IGI) is an initiative established for strengthening Internet Governance at the grass-root level through research, capacity building, awareness, debates, and policy intervention across the Asia Pacific. IGI believes in collaboration and operates through the participation of IG related institutions. [www.igovinstitute.org].
Forum for Digital Equality is a not-for-profit organization  dedicated to bridging the digital gap in Nepal through awareness, capacity building, policy interventions, and community engagement. FDE was founded by a group of young multi-stakeholder enthusiast professionals. FDE primarily engaged in the area of Internet Governance, Telecom Policy, Community Networks, Cyber Policy Initiatives, and social entrepreneurship for sustainable development. FDE advocates for equal opportunity for all and lobby for free, open, transparent, inclusive, and responsive cyberspace.